Triangle Equities has strived to live up to its goal of using real estate as an agent for positive change within communities. We are honored to have received numerous awards acknowledging this ability to execute on transformative and responsible investment projects. Our work has been recognized with various awards for creativity and excellence in economic development, financing, community partnership and design.
- Lester Petracca (Triangle Equities’ owner and President) was individually recognized by the Flushing Town Hall – Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts – by receiving the 2004 COCA (Council on Culture and the Arts) award for his commitment to the revitalization of Queens and the greater metropolitan New York area.
- Novogradac named Triangle Plaza Hub the winner of the 2014 Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits Community Development Award for Qualified Low Income Community Investment (QLICI) of the Year in the Real Estate category. This award recognize exceptional achievement in local neighborhood development using the federal New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) Program.
- The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce 2009 Building Brooklyn Award in the area of Economic Development for the Triangle Junction Mall (2201 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn). Triangle joined forces with Brooklyn College and the Flatbush Redevelopment Corporation, as well as local community boards, to revitalize the Flatbush area by revamping an underutilized, defunct municipal parking lot into a 300,000 square foot shopping center, anchored by Target, thereby reinvigorating the retail presence of the area.
- 1st Prize in the 2004 Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) Professional Design Awards Program for The Arches at Cobble Hill (101 Warren St and 401 Hicks St, Brooklyn).
- The New York City Public Design Commission (PDC) named the Lighthouse Point project as a winner of the 33rd Annual Design Commission Awards in 2015. Projects are awarded based on how they improve and uplift communities through exceptional design.
- 1st Prize awarded by the Chamber of Commerce Borough of Queens for excellence in design for Triangle Centre in 2001 (140-01 20th Ave, College Point).
- The Award of Merit presented by the College Point Board of Trade, Inc. was awarded in 2000, in recognition of Triangle Equities’ excellence in developing quality retail, office buildings….and a movie theater…in the College Point Corporate Park on former marsh land.
- 1st Prize awarded by the Chamber of Commerce Borough of Queens for excellence in design for Triangle Plaza in 1999 (30-02 Whitestone Expressway, College Point).
- The Queens County Builders and Contractors Association Building award was awarded in 1994 for excellence in design and construction for the Whitestone Office Building (30-56 Whitestone Expressway, College Point).
- 1st Prize awarded by the Chamber of Commerce Borough of Queens for excellence in design for The Whitestone Office Building in 1994 (30-56 Whitestone Expressway, College Point).
- 1st Prize awarded by the Chamber of Commerce Borough of Queens for excellence in design for The Petracca Building in 1993 (18-02 Petracca Pl, College Point).